You love Mongolia. You’ve traveled there. You’ve studied the history and have learned quite a bit about the culture. You love buuz and airag and mutton. You even own a del.
Take the quiz and find how much of a Mongolphile you REALLY are. Post your answers in the comments. There will be ten more questions next Monday. Answers will be accepted until March 30, then I’ll do a tally. The person with the most right answers will receive a print of Mongol Horse #3-Young Stallion :
Onward and good luck!
1. Who demonstrated the strength in working together using arrows?
2. What form does the tea used for milk tea traditionally come in?
3. What side of a Mongol horse does one always mount from?
4. Mongolia became independent in the early 20th century from what other country?
5. What two animals do the Mongols claim descent from?
6. What was the real name of the “mad monk of the Gobi” who wrote the famous poem “Perfect Qualities”?
7. What is the traditional greeting when approaching a herder’s ger?
8. From what people did the Mongols get their classical vertical script?
9. Why did the Mongol army leave Europe and return to Mongolia?
10. Who created and bestowed the title “Dalai Lama”? For bonus points, what does the world “Dalai” mean?